How do I take an excess contribution?

  • Updated

If you’ve contributed too much to your IRA during the calendar year, you will need to request a withdrawal of the over-contribution or “excess contribution” to avoid any potential taxable penalties and return the over-contributed amount back to you. To complete this process, please email or call us at 877-936-7175 to request an excess removal form be sent to you via DocuSign. 

To calculate the amount of a contribution to remove, please consult with your professional tax advisor or CPA. 

For more information on excess contributions please see the IRS resource.